I’ll start this post off with a confession.
I have no idea what peach cobbler is.
I’ve heard of it a few times, and always think it sounds like it would be nice, but I’ve never tried to make it, or even find out what exactly it is.
This recipe is basically what I imagine peach cobbler to be like.
1. Tip a can of peaches into a small casserole dish.
2. Weigh out 40g of oats
3. Mix the oats with one tablespoon of flour (doesn’t need to be self-raising, but that’s all I had), and spread evenly over the peaches.
4. Sprinkle over a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a teaspoon of sugar.
5. Bake in a moderate oven for about ten minutes, then mix it all up so that the oaty bits on top get a chance to soak with the lovely peach juice. Bake for another ten minutes, then it’s probably good to go.
6. Serve it up, and if you are me, take a rubbish photo of it that does no justice at all to how delicious and comforting it is
I think a good scoop of ice cream would be really nice with this. I had a few spoonfuls of natural yogurt on top of mine, and it was delicious (and more healthy).
What photo editors have you been using since Picnik shut down? I’ve been using PicMonkey, which is good, but the filters mainly make my photos look like I’ve Instagrammed them. I love Instagram, but I don’t want my ‘proper’ photos to look like that, you know?
Note: I have just Googled ‘peach cobbler’ and discovered that it’s pretty much the same idea, only different. The peaches and cinnamon were right…