Chicken and broccoli bake is probably my favourite meal ever. It is so good, and hearty, and filling, and all those other things that we like to have in a dish.
Here is what I have learned about taking photos for a recipe post: hot food makes my lens mist over, therefore getting a good photo means letting my food cool. That’s just not going to happen, ever. Food comes first, guys. Let’s go.
1. Start as usual: chop up an onion (pretty much everything I cook starts with an onion). You also need to put some pasta on to boil, as well as some broccoli.
2. Cut a couple of chicken breasts into cubes and fry with the onion.
(This photo kind of creeps me out, think it’s the raw chicken. Sorry guys)
3. Once the broccoli is cooked, drain it and pour it into an oven-proof casserole dish.
4. Next, layer over the chicken and onion. I usually add some sweetcorn too, but I had none this time.
5. Drain the pasta and place it on top.
6. Pour a can of mushroom soup over the contents of the dish. My mum uses condensed soup and mixes it with water, but as I was just making for myself, I used regular soup.
7. Into a blender, put a slice or two of bread, a handful of grated cheese, and some crisps
A lot of people have issues with the crisps, but bear with me. Whizz the blender…
8. Sprinkle the contents of the blender over the casserole dish
9. Add some more grated cheese
10. Bake in the oven at a medium temperature for about half an hour. While it’s in the oven you can wash up all your dishes. I love getting this out of the way so I can enjoy my dinner without thinking about the dreaded dishes.
11. Take the dish out of the oven and marvel at the cheesy goodness
12. Plate up and enjoy
This is a great dish to make ahead of time, and then just popped in the oven for the final baking part. It also freezes really well :)