Everyone loves a good, simple recipe, right?
Here is one for you – Macaroni Beef. The original recipe came from my Auntie Rosemary, but I’m sure the one I’m about to give you isn’t remotely the same, because I made it from memory.
(All photos taken on my phone, sorry about the quality.)
1. Put some pasta (macaroni variety preferably. My local shop did not have macaroni, so I used regular pasta this time) on to boil. Not sure about amounts as I never measure anything. I should probably stop doing this, so then I could give a better recipe…
2. Chop up an onion. Red or white, it doesn’t matter, just chop it up. Throw a garlic clove into the chopping process for good measure.
3. Fry the onion and garlic along with some minced beef. Add ground pepper and mixed herbs.
4. Drain the pasta.
10. Place the dish in the oven on a medium heat for about 15 or 20 minutes. Really you just need the cheese to melt and the soup to heat up, because everything else you put in was already cooked and hot hot hot.
11. Remove from the oven (me telling you this step is not necessary in any way…) and serve up. Yum yum yum.