Remember I made this maxi dress?
Well, I changed it. It used to look like this –
And now it looks like this –
[Excuse the shoes and heavy tights; this was taken in Paris and I forgot to pack matching clothing, haha]
I shortened it (and hemmed it, first time ever!), sewed up the back (in the maxi version the back was identical to the front neckline, just a V shape) to make it sit better, and changed the neckline.
I love the dress this way :)
However, I got a bit scissor-happy and took too much off the neckline. It looks okay in this photo, but that is because I had fixed it two seconds previously. When I actually wear it, it falls down and my bra becomes visible.
So, now I’m not sure what to do. I thought about adding some lace to the neckline, but the fabric itself is quite ‘busy’, and I thought that might take it overboard. I’m not really a fan of the whole wearing a t-shirt under dresses or tops, so that’s out too I’m afraid.