You probably don’t care, but here is a jumble of random little things about me…
1. I will be twenty-three on Thursday. 23. Two three. Kind of mid-twenties… I’m frightened.
2. My middle name is Joy. I’ve never really loved it to be honest, because I felt like a let down in not being super joyful all the time, but I’ve come to realise that I am joyful, in my own way :)
3. This semester I have to read a novel per week. I have no idea how I’m going to manage that. The first one is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, which I read two years ago and hated. I’m three-quarters of the way through it this time and don’t hate it just so much.
4. I made soda bread this morning. (I told you this would be random)
5. I just walked to the post box and it is like a ghost town outside. There are protests and riots going on in the city centre today so we were all warned to stay away. All the shops are shut up and no one is leaving their home, even though where I live is a mile outside of the main city centre.
6. I went out with my university’s Irish Society on Thursday night and felt like a total interloper because I don’t speak a word of Irish. Turns out most of the other members don’t either.
7. I really wanted to make a pizza type thing for dinner with my fresh soda bread but because the shops are closed I couldn’t get any tomato puree :(
8. I need to get a job but this is a slight problem because nowhere is hiring. And also, I’m hoping to get the ‘job’ of News Editor (officially this time, yet still unpaid) for my university newspaper, and this will take up any spare moment of time I may find myself with in between reading a million books.
9. I am listening to this album on repeat this week.
10. I am ridiculously excited to get started on my media based project for my Writing & Context module. When it’s finished I will hopefully be able to share it here.