I wrote this blog post a month or two ago but it never made it to the world wide web. I just found it, and now I really want to make this for dinner…
1. Shred a Gem lettuce and fresh coriander into a wide shallow serving bowl.
2. Throw on chunks of cold cooked chicken/turkey (2 or 3 breasts) and a mango (including any juice), cut into small cubes.
3. Sprinkle on finely chopped spring onion and the juice of one or two limes.
4. Drizzle on a teaspoon of groundnut oil and a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil.
5. Toss some sesame seeds in and mix the whole lot up with your hands.
If you like a kick in your salad, a chopped red chilli would go well with this, but I left it out this time.
If you have time to do this in advance, the chicken is really good if you marinate it in the lime juice and mango chunks and put in the fridge for an hour or two.
I could eat this every day, it is seriously good.